OT: iris hunting

From: dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

I'll be in Greece later this month and will have some opportunities to go
hiking and camping on the mainland as well as on some of the islands.  Is
anyone familiar with the native irises over there?  Is it the right time of
year to do any seed collecting?  Will anything be in bloom?

I've never gone on an "expedition" before, so any advice would be most
appreciated!  (To be honest the purpose of my trip has nothing to do with
irises, but if I can do some iris hunting, it would be icing on the cake!)

Are there any non-iris plants that I should keep my eyes open for?

Are there any cool conservatories, greenhouses, botanic gardens, etc. in
Athens that I should make a point of visiting?

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Arilbreds, Rebloomers, and Native Ohio Species Irises