Cult: Cold Climate Irises

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Pat:

We garden in exactly the same conditions.  I. tectorum works for us.  It was
planted out last year and bloomed this year as well as increasing like
crazy.  We've already given away one clump.  We also grow pseudacorus and
hybrids of versicolor, virginica and pseudacorus.  We have been trying arils
on a limited basis and they are also growing well.  We have grown one spuria
and will likely try more.  Dutch iris and reticulatas tend to die after two
winters.  We will let you know about PCNs next year.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)