Re: LA, SIB, JI switching problem

From: HIPSource@aol.com

I've been thinking about this and I think that the length of time the plants
must be held before they will be put into their permanent locations is a
factor in whether they should be potted in soil and held in water, or just
held in water. In water they make lots of roots, but the roots of plants in
water are often not as strong as those of the same plants in soil. They simply
do not meet the same resistance moving through water that they do in soil. One
sees this when rooting up cuttings of things in a jar of water. Sometimes
there is a problem when the cutings are introduced to actual dirt. This may or
may not hold true for irises, but I think if the plants have to be held more
than about ten days I would pot them up and then sit them in water.

Anner Whitehead