Re: Iris Grower

From: dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

>OT-BIO  Iris Test Garden - Jim and Janet Leifer Family
>I just happened to find the iris list as I was browsing on the net.  I'm
>hoping that things discussed will be relevant to iris.  I'm not real
>proficient on the computer -- so I can get "lost" regularly!

Welcome to our happy family!  There are about 200+ subscribers to this list
with about 10%-20% of those subscribers posting messages on a regular
basis.  Several of the folks on here operate commercial iris gardens and
some of them have websites.  Some other folks here are professional
hybridizers.  But most of us are just regular gardeners and amateur

I don't think there is an official record, but I think we have subscribers
from at least 10 different countries.  Most commonly seen are messages from
USA, Canada, and Australia, with a occasional messages from England, South
Africa, Russia, New Zealand, and Alaska (ha ha! just kidding Kathy!).
There's also people from Denmark, and ... ummm......where else guys???

Do you specialize in beardeds only?  Or do you also grow beardless species?
How about PCN's?  Do you do any hybridizing?

Well, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.  It's quite an eclectic group
we've got on the list!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Arilbreds, Rebloomers, and Native Ohio Species Irises