Re: OT: racoons

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Anner writes:
> Donald, maybe the raccoons are thirsty. You might leave them a thing of
> out. Also, they like to wash things before they eat them. In any case a
> shallow thing of water would be nice. Oh, I know they are probably among
> banes of your existance, but they got to get by, too.
> Anner Whitehead--who briefly had an urban raccoon named Pontius, but he
> just passing through
You might just go ahead and add the Pilate to the name.  There is plenty of
water out
at all times.  For the cats, little tubs to set pots in for watering, the
rotting bucket
to drop prickly pear in etc.  The rascals are just plain nosy.  Poking into
this, tearing
into that, crashing into me because I didn't get the garage doors shut in
Tearing into EVERY sack of cow feed and scattering it almost beyond
salvaging.  I
guess they must make sure that something in one of the others doesn't have
new wonderful tidbit that's not in the other sacks!  Not to worry, they are
safe from
personal destruction by me (tho those sacks tempt me sometimes). My current
big fellow has taken over apparently.  There were two mothers, one with one
and the other with the requisite three cubs, but they aren't around since
his arrival.
three cubs.  Possums, armadillos, copperheads, horned lizards, BIG green
lizards -
very ugly but the most beautiful shades of green and a black collar, I'm
happy for
the most part that they share my space and only occasionally and on
targets do I get destructive with them.  I'm much more tolerant than most
folks in
these parts.  You did know that possums love to munch on copperheads,
didn't you?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7 and way off the subject of irises tonight.