Re: OT: racoons

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Donald in Texas explained about his racoons thus:

<<  Not to worry, they are safe from  personal destruction by me (tho those
sacks tempt me sometimes). My current big fellow has taken over apparently.
There were two mothers, one with one  teenager  and the other with the
requisite three cubs, but they aren't around since  his arrival.  three cubs.
Possums, armadillos, copperheads, horned lizards, BIG green  lizards - very
ugly but the most beautiful shades of green and a black collar, I'm happy for
the most part that they share my space and only occasionally and on  selected
targets do I get destructive with them.  I'm much more tolerant than most
folks in  these parts. >>

That is a lovely story. Sounds very lively, the little wretches. Yes, it is
way off topic but I just wanted to be sure, you see, because of all the
reports of extreme heat and dryness. Got to remember the creatures...

<< You did know that possums love to munch on copperheads, didn't you?>>

No, but I'm delighted the poor things have a raison d'etre, and I do feel
warmer toward them knowing this. Sounds rather mongooseish, doesn't it?

My possums walk right through the irises.... it is terrible......nothing stops
them....I hate it. Now we are back on topic.

Anner Whitehead