Re: Iris Grower

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

>From: "James T. Leifer" <iristg@stjohntelco.com>
>OT-BIO  Iris Test Garden - Jim and Janet Leifer Family
>We own and operate Iris Test Garden in the Palouse Country of
>Washington State.  We began our operation approximately 9 years ago and
>purchased an established garden.

Welcome to the list Janet. You should be able to find lots and lots of
helpful information here.

The name of your garden has made me curious. There has been a garden
named Iris Test Gardens for a number of years in your area. It was
originally run by the Maxwell family in the 50s and 60s in Yakima ,
Washington. I believe they sold it to someone else and until just
recently, it was run by Austin Morgan in College Place, Washington.
Would this be the same garden? If so, what ever happened to Austin?

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8