growing Junos

Kathy Guest and
Dennis Kramp.
I grow some species of Junos, all grow outside in a raised rockbed , they grow in top of the bed , with surrounding stones to keep the soil warm.
The top 10cm of the soil is pure drainage material so the excessive water is led away.During winter with heavy frost the soil is covered with remains from the Christmas tree ! and with loose frames.
I have just Received rare species of juno :Iris juno capnoides, which never before has been offered for sale.
Each year I sow all the iris seed that I can get my hand on , but unfortunately they seldom become what they should.
This spring I manage to get flower on one of the new Chinese species : iris sp. no 4, sadly the flower only lasted 1 day.
jan jacobsen - Denmark