Re: OT:possums/copperheads

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

Jan -
 Here in Georgia, the Copperheads are snakes, like yours, but they don't look
exactly the same. They ARE very dangerous and scare the dickens out of me!
 Our possums are very different than yours. They are ugly little creatures
with pointed noses and long tails that have no hair on them. Much like large
rats. They carry their babies on their backs. Your possum are adorable little
things but ours are nasty and will bite you, or your dog, if they are
cornered. They raid trash cans and dog food bowls and end up as road kill
quite often. It isn't uncommon to see 10 or 15 of them squished on the road
during a quick trip to the grocery store. They can also carry Rabies, as do
many wild animals in this country. South of here, in Florida, the armadillo is
their version of the possum. We call them "possum on the half shell"!

Joni in GA
proving that it pays to watch "The Crocodile Hunter"!!!!