Re: OT:possums/copperheads

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

 South of here, in Florida, the armadillo is
> their version of the possum. We call them "possum on the half shell"!

Joni,
     We have Armadillos and Possums here.  For some reason, they tend to
hang out along the busiest roads, and thus...
     Coppehead Snakes (very poisonous) are found here, but so far they are
not in large numbers.  The only snakes I have seen around the garden are
Black Racers, which are very beneficial, and thus welcome to stay.
     When I lived in Lexington, KY, I had to kill three or four Copperheads
per year.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.