CULT: TB: Too Crowded? How do I know?

From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>

Hi listers~

Well, as much as I'd like to believe I'm fairly knowledgeable about growing
irises, and for as well as all the ones I have are doing, I dooo have a
question that I hope you can help me with.

Last year, in the front bed (which is small), I planted 15 irises, 3 in each
"spot". Well, 3 of the clumps produced bloom this past season, but the other
2 didn't. Now, those clumps are HUGE! The rzs are big and fat and look like
they're about to burst at the seams. In looking at the clumps, I realized
that the original rzs and their babies are all smooshed together, touching
each other. So, here are my questions: (and sorry this is so long so far)

For reference, I'm in Santa Rosa, California, supposedly zone 9, about 40
miles inland from the coast.

1. Is it too late to dig these up and spread them out?
2. If I do dig them up, will I get bloom this coming season?
3. Should I just leave them alone until next summer at the "right" time to
4. What would you do?

I really want to see them bloom this year. There are only two different
varieties, BEVERLY SILLS and VICTORIA FALLS, but I want to see them up close
and personal.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give me!!

Zone 9, Santa Rosa, California, 40 miles inland from the coast....where the
weather is warm but sprinkles are falling!! Bizarre!!