Re: CULT: TB: Too Crowded? How do I know?

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Tammy wrote;
>1. Is it too late to dig these up and spread them out?
>2. If I do dig them up, will I get bloom this coming season?
>3. Should I just leave them alone until next summer at the "right" time
to plant?
>4. What would you do?

I have a similar problem with some that I planted at the end of spring
last year. they were small clumps rather than single rz's and have
increased more than I expected. One of these clumps is Beverley Sills,
and I think I read somewhere, that it often doesn't bloom the first year
after transplanting. I'm leaving mine, in the hope that the rz's will
put their energy into blooming rather than increasing. Hope this helps
you, but I'm still gardening iris on a learners permit.
Jan Clark, in Australia