Cult: Bloom in Oz

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Hi Listers,
I'm taking time out of a busy schedule, to let you know that my first
iris bloomed this morning. I have been watching the buds of Barry
Blyth's SDB, TALK, with great enthusiasm, knowing they will be open VERY
soon, but MAKING EYES surprised me with two cute little bicoloured
flowers this morning. Having made several excuses to visit the garden
for an iris fix, I eventually took out a pair of scissors and, SNIP,
brought both blooms inside, where they are here beside me (in a vase) as
I write. There will be plenty more in the next few days. TALK (only
purchased a little over a year ago) has no less than 30 bloom stalks,
and the bud colour is a rich burgundy brown.
TB's which are putting up stalks are:
Chocolate Vanilla, Wedding Vow, Bahloo, and Yes,
I will try not to bore you with bloom reports over the coming weeks, but
thought you would all like to know that my iris season is off to a very
early start, with the daffodils only just starting to fade, and no sign
yet of dutch iris flowers or tulips.
Jan Clark, in Australia