Re: TB: French Iris

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>

> From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
> 	There is no accouting for taste or should I say favorite irises. :)
> 	My far and away favorite in the guest gardens in Colorado was
> 	PROVENCAL....a lovely 'red' TB and one cultivar now graces the
> 	front row of my new TB bed.

Your mention of Provencal sent me scrambling for my Convention notes, but
they came up blank - I must have missed it entirely. The red iris that did
catch my eye at the Convention was Jack Durrance's RIGHT ALREADY, a rhizome
of which I have since secured.

As you say, there is no accounting for taste - or poor eyesight! (-:
> 	The French irises were outstanding even in the snow and blustery
> 	rain at the polar convention.

I'll second that motion! As a group they beat anything else I saw in