Re: Potting

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Because the weather now permits, I'm going to put my TB orders directly
into the ground.  But I will pot up my new spurias, because their home is
currently occupied by a jungle of Tithonia, spider-flower and hyacinth
bean.  I'll use a mix of sand, leafmold, and a bit of lime.

Spend Sunday transplanting potted beardless seedlings--including some very
robust-looking tetra calsibes I have high hopes for.  All the seed was from
SIGNA.  Runners up in the robustness sweepstakes were some setosa seedlings
said to be from eastern x western populations.

Despite the heat and drought, the beardless beds look surprisingly good,
including some last-legs JIs and Sibs I rescued from the daylilies and
shasta daisies last fall.  Looking for good bloom on these in the spring.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(804)223-6172
FAX (804)223-6374
email<bills@hsc.edu>

How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges?
			-IAQ (Infrequently Asked Questions)