Re: OT: Butterfly attractors

From: koekkoek@dordt.edu (Arnold Koekkoek)

Re Bill Shear's question:  Are you sure you're finding Monarch cater-
pillars (not Swallowtail) on parsley and Dill, the answer for me has to
be "No."  I guess I based my statement on the fact that I see Monarchs
on the dill heads, but I can't recall Swallowtails there.  But I do have
an abundance of each in the garden, so maybe I just assumed wrong.  The
worms are a creamy color with black and gold or orange stripes, and they
shoot out orange "horns" when disturbed.  I'd be happy to be
re-informed, Bill.  This wouldnot be my only experience with
lepidopteran ignorance.  Have I told you enough to identify?
Arnold
--
Arnold Koekkoek (koekkoek@dordt.edu)  Ph. (712)722-6262
Adjunct Professor of History          Home Ph. (712)722-0724