Re: OT: Ram's Horn Willow Tree

From: ECPep@aol.com

In a message dated 9/7/98 9:31:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, billc@atlantic.net

      Could any of you all help Melissa find this plant?  Since she has been
 so helpful to me about Daylilies, I want to help her on this one.
 Mark A. Cook		billc@atlantic.net	Dunnellon, Florida. >>

She can try Forest Farm of Oregon.  From time to time they list salix
babylonica "Crispa" or Ramshorn Willow.

I have a couple of fancy willows growing in zone 4.  A friend has a mature
Ramshorn growing a little south of me.  She has given me cuttings from her
tree and I have found them very difficult to root.  Most willows are easy but
this one has resisted.  The mature tree up here is small and has few branches.
The leaves are tightly curled and resemble a "ramshorn".  Flower arrangers
love this tree.

Perhaps your friend could beg a cutting and give it a try.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY