Re: OT:possums and rabies

From: Amy Moseley Rupp <amy@ece.utexas.edu>

> but the occasional 'possum was also there. Pretty much any animal can carry
> rabies. Especially in an epidemic.

Only mammals carry rabes.  Especially bats.  You can catch it from
inhaling quantities of infected bats' gunao.  Wear a respirator in a
cave!

Iris:  well, I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my TBs which
arrived.  Yes, it's the first of September but we are still having
monster highs.  Near 100 every day.  I ordered both TBs and LA's fro
Ghio's and only got the TB's... he may be waiting to send the LA's.
Haven't received my Lone Star order... it was technically in one day late
but I called & explained to the answering machine that my kid had gotten
whacked in the face with a pinata stick at a party that day and I could
not get the thing postmarked ... I read the order out over the phone and
quoted the total which I then remitted the next day.  Hope they will
deliver.

Lauer's, whom I ordered from for the first time, sent SO MANY EXTRAS I
am going to have a hard time planting my beds!!!!  About 100% in bonuses
(that is, for the amount of money I spent, they gave that much in Iris.
Huge ones with multiple fans as well!)  Spoiled me!  On one sub I got a
much wanted cv, CLASSIC BORDEAUX.

Some many of the same cvs Ghio was cheaper than Lone Star but I will
compare and contrast.  I actually haven't noticed as much disparity in
quality of the orders in iris growers as in daylily growers... I got one
dl shipment FULL of rot.  Another one beautiful.