Re: CULT: Hot weather planting

From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@mb.sympatico.ca>

Hello Mark,

What gets me about receiving iris, and other plant materials from places
outside my zone is that they THINK they KNOW when it is proper to plant in
my area.  I don't know how many times I have received plant material from
Ontario and planted it in October when it should have been planted late
August or early September.  I'm learning though.  I now request the earliest
possible shipping date and contact the company just prior to remind them.
It worked great this year particularly with Chuck Chapman.  He sent my iris
early in August and every single one is now growing and well established.

Barbara Jackson
"Sunny" Manitoba
Zone 3