Re: CULT: Hot weather planting

From: "James T. Leifer" <iristg@stjohntelco.com>

We are in Southeastern Washington State and ship our iris before our Wheat
harvest in late July.  Most of our orders are received by our customers
around the 15th of July.  We have found that there is close to a 90% bloom
the next season by doing it this way.  We still have a few customers that
prefer a September shipment and for those people we comply to their
request.

We have also dug and replanted ourselves during this time frame, and have
had a very good bloom the next year.  Our rhizomes are dug from our ground
to a customers in less than a week.  When planted properly and taken care
of (or somewhat ignored after they're established) they do great.  Janet