[iris-talk] Cult:Potted Iris

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

I would like to make a public "Thank You" to Walter Moores for his
patience and for spending the time sending private e-mail back and forth
helping us with potting iris for the first time.  The amount of growth
we are experiencing is astounding.

Due to the continued heat and dry conditions we have been experiencing
our iris garden looks scorched (not the disease scorch).  However, all
of our potted iris, sitting in the shade, are green and growing, many
new little babies popping up.  While walking around the garden today we
didn't see one new baby iris, no increases yet!

Another thing about the potted iris, the amount of roots they have put
on is amazing.  I can walk over to any of them and pick up the iris by
the fan and have no fear of the pot and soil falling.  We have even had
to add a top dressing of soil to some of the pots because of the roots
coming back up from the bottom of the pot.  By the way, Walter
recommended using 4 inch pots.  Linda and I both thought that was too
small so we used one gallon pots.  I don't know how Walter does it with
4 inch pots!

So far the results with this method has been so good that Linda and I
have decided to make this our method of choice from now on.  Another big
plus for this method is planting, we are in no hurry to get into our
beds to plant all our new iris.  Also as previously mentioned by other
listers, since they are more available to us (closer to the house) we
pay them more attention, they don't lack for anything.

Thank you very, very much Walter.

Glenn

--
Glenn & Linda Simmons