[iris-talk] Re: Iris Beds at Arkansas State Capitol: long

From: "Patrick O'Connor" <swamp@ix.netcom.com>

Celia,

Many thanks for the interesting, detailed answer.  I did not mean to make
you work so hard.  Your organization sounds great.  I hope to get to meet
some members at next year's SLI meeting.  I planted some of my Louisianas
in my mother's yard in hopes of having something to bring to the show.

I did notice, by the way, that there were no Louisianas in the capitol
beds.   Any particular reason you did not add any healthy specimens to
replace the sickies from the past?  And, did you consider displaying irises
native to Arkansas....fulva, cristata, brevicaulis (?), others?

Those beds are a great project.  I have always loved the capitol building.
I wish we had a critical mass of iris enthusiasts here, but we are far from
it now.  In time, in time....

Patrick