[iris-talk] ADMIN: Please read me............

From: JEM300@aol.com

Hi Listers,

John Jones has asked repeatedly in a good natured way for us all to cut out
superfluous reply text in our posts.  What part do we NOT understand?

I have been noticing this problem continues and almost seems to be getting
worse.
If you don't know what is mean't by "superfluous reply text", it
means.......you don't have to bracket the entire message sent by someone in
order to add something or answer it.  Try to choose maybe one sentence to save
or none at all.  I think the replies would be understandable without them
since we all see the posts in the order they are posted.  If you
must.......perhaps a private reply would be in order.

Keep in mind that our posts are archived.  No need to have 4 copies in there
of someone's original post.  Try to keep it clean.

Let's all (myself included) make a concious effort to handle postings more
efficiently.
Including changing subject lines to fit the subject.  Maybe it takes just a
second more to think about it, but we can handle it, right?

Also, although John did not mention it, there have been an EXTREME number of
OT postings lately.  Consider replying in private in this instance.

Everyone expressed their gratitude for John for keeping the list
going.......let's all show him we mean it by complying with a few simple rules
and courtesies.

Thanks!
Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI