[iris-talk] Re: BULB: Dutch Irises

From: Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, william b. cook wrote:

> From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
>      One fellow in the Gainesville area has informed me that he grows Dutch
> Irises successfully there.  He says they not only come back each year, but
> also increase in number.  Do any of you all think I would have a chance
> with getting such survival of Dutch Irises here, about 40 miles
> south-southwest of Gainesville, but in the frostier hills?
> Mark A. Cook billc@atlantic.net Dunnellon, Florida.

Mark, I think your chances of having Dutch irises do well are very good
and I think you should buy a bag of them and see how they do. They
don't cost very much so this should work out well. I buy new ones every
year because they don't overwinter a second time well here.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
cold edge of Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
AIS, CIS, SIGNA, IRIS-L, Canadian Wildflower Soc.

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html