[iris-talk] Re: REB: Zone 7 rebloom

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: [iris-talk] Re: REB: Zone 7 rebloom
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 09:10:43 -0500

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

>LOW HO SILVER, JULY SUNSHINE and SWEET SUMMER 	are reblooming now in
>Richmond, VA.  More bloomstalks have shot up since Hurricane Bonnie sent
>some rain and cooler weather our way.

Still looking for rebloom here in Farmville, some 6 miles west of Richmond.
We got very little rain from Bonnie, and the recent frontal passage (down
to 56 this morning!) gave us one insignificant shower, so the Curse of
Farmville continues to be effective.  I've started to irrigate the
rebloomers in the hopes of starting something.  All of them have nice big
rhizomes, so I am hopeful of seeing bloom perhaps later in the fall (last
year's rebloom was all in October). We have IMMORTALITY, ETERNAL WALTZ,

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

If a tin whistle is made out of tin, what is a foghorn made out of?
			-IAQ (Infrequently Asked Questions)