Re: Dutch Iris forcing & Weird Weather

From: Paul & Yvonne Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>

At 10:32 8/09/98 -0500, you wrote:
>From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
>Interesting, Paul--the dutch iris here bloom with or shortly before the
>TBs, and well after the reticulatas and dwarf beardeds.  Are you forcing
>these in some way?
>Bill Shear

Nope!  They are planted in the garden.  In fact the ones that are in flower
now have been there for at least 18 months (second flowering without
disturbance).  My ones in pots arelater, but they'll still beat the TBs as
they are already showing buds on most of them.

I should add here that this is a REALLY strange winter over here.  We have
Galanthus already finished, Fritillarias in flower and the reticulatas are
already over.  The Reticulatas and Galanthus should be in flower now adn
the Frits should be a few weeks away.  Things are up to 2 months out of
whack in some plants, but right on time in others.  Could be that we had no
rain between November and May and it stressed everything prety badly.
That's what we figure.

Cheers....					Paul Tyerman (Australia)