(Fwd) Tibetan iris

From: "MISS SG GUYE" <zosg@warthog.ru.ac.za>

Forwarded message:
From:     Self <WARTHOG/ZOSG>
To: iristalk@onelist.com
Subject: Tibetan iris
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:56:45 GMT+0200

Hello from a wet wet South Africa

in " International Wildlife" publication (Jan/Feb 1998) there is an
interesting article on Tibet and a  photo of a
Tibetan iris.  To my uninformed eye it looks a little like
unguicularis ( more purple than the one I grow) but with far less
foliage.  I did check in World of Iris but found nothing.  It flowers
in mid June-July,  which I guess is the Northern hemisphere's summer
Anyone have any thoughts ?

Sally Guye
email zosg@warthog.ru.ac.za