Re: LAs in NO (was Iris Beds at Arkansas State Capitol)

From: "Patrick O'Connor" <swamp@ix.netcom.com>

Celia writes regarding the attendance of a Louisianan at the Little Rock
SLI Convention in May, 1999:

<We are going to pick your brain.....>

Celia,

I am not sure there is a city in the country that has a more significant
history of expertise with Louisiana Irises than Little Rock.  Frank
Chowning was instrumental in getting me interested in them.  I had many
pleasant and highly educational visits with him on trips home.  And just
the Little Rock growers and hybridizers I happen to have known...Richard
Butler, Oren Campbell, Richard Morgan, Henry Rowlan, and Tom Dillard, as
well as Frank Chowning...comprise an exceedingly impressive list.  No
single Louisiana city you could name can match this record, although there
have been many important hybridizers and activists from the State as a
whole.

I plan to attend the SLI meeting next May in the expectation that will
learn a great deal from you folks.

Patrick

Patrick