Re: OT: False River and Toad Suck, Etc.

From: Amy Moseley Rupp <amy@ece.utexas.edu>

> 	Every state seems to have these strange names, Buck Snort, TN,
> near Nashville; Cut and Shoot, TX, near Houston, etc.  I love Muleshoe,
> TX.

I love Dime Box, TX, which is sorta near Muleshoe.  You get picturesque
town names west of the Pecos and in Northwest Texas/Panhandle.  My other
favourite, which I've tried to find an explanation for, is Whon.  It is
on a dead end road south of Brownwood.  That is some interesting country
-- isolated and very rural, yet not a desert.  You have Tennyson and
Bronte near each other, Novice, Noodle, Veribest, Palava, Lawn and Lohn.
And then there is View, Texas.  What the view is, I don't know.

Austin's easy -- Stephen F., who brought some of the first
European-American settlers here, with Mexico's blessings and permission
to settle the wild North.

Just finished working in a Home and Garden convention -- kinda really a
ripoff with much more "home" and then some dubious stuff like
chiropractors and funeral homes.  Really.   Was fun but tiring.

IRIS:  still need to catalog and plant lots of TB's.  Have not received
LA's from Ghio or Lone Star.  I know Ghio got the order in time.

--Amy