Re: OT: FALSE RIVER and TOAD SUCK, etc

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

<<
 I agree! Like, who would want an iris named SHEEP WASH CREEK, and,
 believe me, nearly every country town in Australia has a SWC hidden away
 somewhere. No prizes for guessing where the name originated. >>

I really enjoy reading some of the names in the catalogs and am totally turned
off by ugly names, such as "Fatso". I haven't quite figured out how these
names are decided on! I've never seen this plant, and it may be beautiful, but
I doubt I would buy it with such a name. I also tend to skip over plants that
are named after people when I'm reading descriptions. I'm not sure why, but I
like the really creative names. One of my favorites so far is "Grandma's
Bloomers". I also seem to like the weird animal names like "Giraffe Kneehiz",
"Hippo'z Tutu" and "Emu Zing", although "Baboon Bottom" leaves something to be
desired!
 I'm also looking forward to seeing "No Bikini Atoll", "My Darling
Scatterbrain" and "Pardon My Garden".
 Any other really "cool" names out there??  Duh!

Joni in Cumming, Ga (which is also a town name that gets lots of strange
comments!)