Re: CULT: Fertilizing Louisianas and Species Iris.

From: "Patrick O'Connor" <swamp@ix.netcom.com>

Mark writes  (it is Mark?  Not William?):

>     Now that I am seeing some increase on some of the Louisiana Irises and
>on Iris virginica, could someone tell me when would be the best time to
>fertilize them here.

In the New Orleans, I would fertilize any time from now through October.  I
heard Joe Mertzweiller once say he did not think they could really utilize
the fertilizer until it got a little cooler and the fall growth started.  I
am about to do the deed this weekend, but I really think anytime over the
next month is fine.