Antique irises

From: Steve Johndro <johndros@ainop.com>

Hello.  I recently recieved some deep purple self irises from a man who
calls them Purple Passion which dates back to 1863.  I was wondering if
anyone had any information on these irises for my records.  I am also
wondering if anyone knows if there are irises called Confederate Bridge,
Confederate Soldier or Confederate Blue.  On a recent order I ordered
Confederate Soldier and it came to me tagged Confederate bridge and one
as Confederate Blue.  Now I am somewhat confused as to what I have.
Also what are the check lists that I read about?  Would they have all
irises registered on them?  Thanks a lot....Pat in Maine