Re: SHOW: Opinions needed for informal poll

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

JEM300@aol.com wrote:
> From: JEM300@aol.com
> Hi Listers,
> I am going to my local iris club meeting tomorrow night and we are going to be
> discussing shows.  Specifically, limiting entries.....

> Also, although it is certainly nice for the public to
> be able to view many irises all in one place, some exhibitors habitually bring
> well over a hundred entries!

I had not heard of limiting entries before, but I see why it might seem

Has anyone talked to the "offenders" to suggest that with fewer entries they
could groom better and actually get more blue ribbons? Is there any possibility
of forcing them into a commercial category (not eligible for silver & bronze

(Maybe try embarassing them by having the club give anti-medals to the entrants
with the most non-ribbon entries.           ;-)

Can you get more panels of judges, to speed up the judging?

It would seem to me that limiting entries should be a last resort, but necessary
in some circumstances.

mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society