limiting entries

I do not find anything in the Judges Handbook about limiting entries--this is up to the society which is running the show--and can be a very good idea in areas where some persons bring in over 100 entries; here, we are glad for any entries--usually have terrible weather just prior to the show--which always does bad things to flower stalks--
we have several teams judging, and because we are a small society with only a few judges, sometimes we are on the panel which would be judging our own flowers;  when that happens the exhibitor does not indicate to the other judges that the flower is his--he just does not participate in the judging of that flower.  When we judge a 'high blue' or one which would go for further considersation to be on the Queen's table, we place a green sticky dot on the corner of the entry tag--then when runners are getting the ones for further consideration, they can be spotted easily--we call the dots 'warm fuzzies' because when you see one on your entry tag you know that flower was in contention for a higher award and that makes you feel 'warm and fuzzy'.

.  Many flowers can still be blue ribbon winners and not worthy of higher awards.
The thought of limiting entries for us has never been brought forward, as we are just happy to have any--but in judging several larger shows, I have run into this.

Our society has many members who have small gardens, and who only enter a few flowers each show--so now our society gives a 'small garden' award--this way a person with a small garden and only a few flowers can receive extra recognition for the quality of their blooms, not just the quantity.

Another way--you can have a place to mark on the entry tag if this entry will be considered for the Sweepstakes Award--Our Dahlia show does this, and limits the entries to 35 per person--toward the Sweepstakes, but you can enter as many flowers as you want into the show--this works great--

Carryl in western Montana--where I am glad to be back home--spent time in Sacramento while they were having near record breaking heat, day after day, and not being used to it, became quite sick from it--but did get by Schreiner's on the way home and talked with Steve about rebloomers--and have a new one to me--Pure as Gold-from Keith K to see if it will rebloom here--  We are now having Autumn--time to get the yard ready for winter.