From: "Lewis,Shirlee E" <Shirlee.E.Lewis@kp.ORG>

What a pleasant surprise!  As I have been listening to the bloom reports
from OZ , I will admit that I was getting a bit jealous.  Most of my garden
is fairly new so that the rebloomers haven't really had a chance to do their
thing yet.  On Wednesday evening I noticed a small bloom stalk on one of my
two JI, PLEASANT EARLY BIRD [.  With El Nino and the newness of my garden I
have been very hesitant to call something a rebloomer.  This is not a
reported rebloomer; but, it bloomed just beautifully in June and here it
goes again.  It may not be a show stalk [seems that some of the varmits that
I share the garden with have been enjoying the flower too] but it is a
pleasant and welcome surprise.  I guess I will have to investigate its
parents to see if there are any genes hidden away to account for this
September show of color.
Shirlee Lewis
Sunset Zone 23
Southern California Iris Society