Re: lack of local iris shows

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

>From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
>Sounds like you're in much the same situation as we are.  Sandy and I belong
>to the Ottawa Horticulture Society and the closest iris show is about 5
>hours drive away.

	Maureen, Paul and others,

	You aren't alone in being hours away from any iris shows or
	clubs. I do belong to the Maine Iris Society and do attend their
	shows but since the overwhelming # of members live in Zones 4 -
	6 in the club and I am in Zone 3a, I never have anything in
	bloom at show time. To say nothing of the 6 to 9 hour
	round-trip (depending on what town the show is held in).

	I just joined the Iris Society of MA and of course that is
	even farther away (almost 10 hours round-trip) and even warmer
	but they have a great newsletter. :)

	There are about 25 folks in northern New Hampshire and northern
	Vermont (all Zone 3) and we have toyed with the idea of starting
	a small informal iris-interest group.

	Ellen (salivating over clubs debating over # of entries...:(

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3