Re: lack of local iris shows -- was how stalk num bers

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Paul,

Sounds like you're in much the same situation as we are.  Sandy and I belong
to the Ottawa Horticulture Society and the closest iris show is about 5
hours drive away.  We do have an Iris & Peony show in Ottawa and have now
found that there are enough iris lovers in our nation's capital to form a
small "iris interest group".  The first meeting was held in May this year,
with tours of three gardens (mine was one) during iris season.  It's amazing
how many iris lovers come out of the woodwork.  And you're right, most don't
belong to the horticulture society's.  Just keep talking about iris to
everyone you know.  Maybe you can get a small group started too in your
area.

It will be some years yet before we will be able to stage an iris show.
However, we have discussed doing a show jointly with the horticulture
society.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)