CULT: Help! Cats in the bed...

From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>

Can anyone help me get them out?? The soil is so soft and lush in this bed,
and since the iris are spaced like they're suppose to be, there's a ton of
room in there for the neighborhood cats to use it as their own personal
kitty  litter box! (Right, like we broke our backs making a community kitty
litter bed, complete with expensive soil!)

Anyway, do any of you have any suggestions on a sure fire way to keep these
little pests (Keep in mind I love cats and have two of my own, but they are
indoors when the "crimes" are happening) out of beds? Some of the rhizomes
are beginning to feel a little soft, and I'm afraid they're going to kill my
babies.

I don't want to hurt the cats, and don't have a lot of money for neat toys
like those electric wire thingies that'll give em a good scare when they
touch it.

Any and All suggestions will be forever appreciated!! (BTW, they did this to
my lilies too, but chicken wire over the top of the soil stopped them, but
since the fans get too wide, no can do for the iris with the chicken wire).

Thanks a bunch!
Tammy King
http://users.ap.net/~tlking/irispage.html
Zone 9, Santa Rosa California, 40 miles inland from the coast, 60 miles
north of San Francisco, and hoppin' mad at "Those Darn Cats"