Re: CULT: Help! Cats in the bed...

From:  Leslie Liddiard  <liddiard@esn.net>

Tammy:

This may or may not be an acceptable thing for you since I don't know if these are neighborhood cats or strays.  If they are simply strays you could use a cat trap and then turn them over to the ASPCA.  I know-- no one likes to do that.  Even if they are neighborhood cats, you could still do this and return them to their owner explaining. Hopefully that would help.  I'm NOT a cat hater by any means and have two of my own.

I have had luck trapping the cats and returning them to their owners.  Usually one heart felt discussion solves the problem (I have good neighbors).  And when it doesn't, I simply remind them that there is a leash law ( throughout the entire country) and that it does apply to cats as well as dogs, and they usually treasure their cats enough to try and keep them at home.

The cat traps can usually be borrowed from you local ASPCA.  If not, the cost is minimal if you really want to get rid of the cats.

Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC