Re: SHOW: Limiting Entries

From: koekkoek@dordt.edu (Arnold Koekkoek)

There have been some really worthwhile comments on this topic, with some
very sensible solutions as introduced by different clubs.  Sharon
McCallister's general statement is the one we should all heed:  "It all
depends on your circumstances."  Size of club, no. of available judges,
space available, local concerns:  all these play a part.  I believe
Sharon's club had the right idea when it instituted an award for the
exhibitor with the highest PERCENTAGE of blue ribbons rather than just
the one with the highest NUMBER of blues.  This puts the emphasis on
quality, where it belongs, and I believe that makes everyone a winner:
the individual exhibitors, the club, the judges and the public.  Some of
the other suggestions were worth taking to heart as well,and I've made
note of them, too.  This has been a good and profitable discussion.

Arnold
Arnold Koekkoek (koekkoek@dordt.edu)  Ph. (712)722-6262
Adjunct Professor of History          Home Ph. (712)722-0724
Dordt College
Sioux Center, IA 51250