Re: show stalk numbers

From: Paul & Yvonne Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>

At 14:00 17/09/98 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>
>Just my opinion, I could be wrong....<G>

An opinion can never be wrong!!!!  That's the idea of an opinion, it is
YOUR thought on the matter and cannot be regarded as right or wrong!!

Anyhow, back onto the subject..........

A couple of thoughts spring to mind.

1. It would definitely depend on the circumstances.  If you have enough
members to warrant it then go for it..... most of the shows (African
Violet, Orchid, Cactus, etc) that I'm around do not have this problem at
all.  We're usually trying to get enough entries.

2. To everyone out there, be thankfull you HAVE a local show and society.
I DON'T!!  I'd love to have an iris society around here.  Our Shows are
horticultural society shows that have iris entries in them (We have 4
show.... 3 in various parts of spring and one in Autumn). Granted we don't
have enough entries for a specific iris wshow, but we'd get more entries if
we did!!!  There are many people out there interested in iris who are not
in the Horticulture Society.  I am SO GLAD to hear this conversation as it
shows there are so many iris growers out there.  I could join the Sydney
Iris society but its 3 hours away and somehow I don't think I'd get to
meetings or shows.

Anyhow, I suppose that was a bit off topic, but you get the drift.  Whether
you have to limit entries or not, spare a thought for those of us who don't
even have a show and count your blessings that you have decisions to make
like this.

I'll get off my soapbox now.  P:lease don't anyone take offense at any of
this message.  None was meant.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia - Where the FIRST dwarf irises for the season are out.