Re: Horned Calipha

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

>From: Paul & Yvonne Tyerman <tyerman@dynamite.com.au>
>Howdy All,
>	I have just been speaking to Barry Blythe and he told me about a
>Arilbred called "Horned Calipha" (sp? could be Horned Califa?).  Does
>anyone have info/description of this for me please?  It's probably best
>send it privately to me so that it doesn't clutter everyones mailbox.
Hi Paul,

I sent this to everyone since it is not off topic and I felt others that
are interested in SA and Arilbred irises would be interested in it's

I think the variety you are asking about is Kalifa's Horn (R. Annand
'95) OGB-. It is a very nicely ruffled smoky lavender self with bronze
beards and purple horns. I know that Arnold Ferguson grows it because I
saw it there when I visited last. Does he import to Australia? I think
it might be worth the trouble to get it.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8