Re: Horned Calipha

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

Hi Paul -
 Here's what I have:

Kalifa's Horn - Annand 1995 - A true novelty: an orchid lavender with darker
flecking and light lavender horns at the end of bronze beards demonstrate the
aril/horned breeding in the parentage: Sky Hooks x (William Mohr x Kalifa
Gulnare). HM '97.

I got this description out of the Stockton Iris Garden catalog. They had it
offered this year for $10. I didn't think that the description exactly covered
what it looks like in the photo (maybe someone has the AIS description). It's
beautiful, and on my list of plants to buy next year. There was no height or
bloom time given.

From looking at the photo, it seems to be a light purple/lavender on the
standards with darker purple speckles. The falls seem to be more pink/orchid
with darker pink/orchid speckles. There are nice purple/lavender horns coming
off the bronze beards, they look to be about an inch or so long. I realize
that photos can be misleading so forgive me if I'm not close to the actual

Hope I was some help -
Joni in Georgia
who just became an official HIPS member!!!