Re: OT-BIO: Kathy Poore/OKC, OK

From: Dianne Dalla Santa <dalla@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>

>From: Pooreplace@aol.com
>
>Greetings from the Oklahoma City Poore House!

Hi Kathy,

Greetings from down under. Having read you beaut OT BIO about your garden
it sounds as though we are able to grow very similar things here in the top
north west corner of Victoria in Oz.
My Ginkgo tree, albeit only about 20-25' high ,is just bursting into leaf.
The early varieties of iris just in flower or budding.

>   Next weekend George Sutton of Sutton's Green Thumber will
>speak at our SSIS meeting.

Today marks exactly one month until the Sunraysia Iris Convention which
commemmorates 50th Anniversary of the Iris Society of Australia 1948-98.
George and Margaret Sutton are attending. We first met George and Margaret
in Oz during the bicentennial Iris convention in 1988.  George will speak
on reblooming iris and Space Age iris and we are thrilled they are coming.
We have oodles of citrus groves here too so they may feel right at home.

We will be taking tours to Sunraysia iris gardens, Victoria and in South
Australia and New South Wales. The  Rural city  of Mildura (Sunraysia is a
locality name because of all the sun-raised fruits) is located on the
Murray river and all 3 states are side by side. We could almost have called
this a three state convention.  Anyway we are all thrilled to have the
Suttons join us for our convention.

Dianne, Oz, with a mad month of finalizing details for the 8 day convention
ahead.