Re: Iris Chatter - BIO

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Suzanne Thompson wrote:
>I know these Irises are gonna take up precious space in the SUN which I
need for my roses, but....I do think I may very well get hooked!

Hooked on irises? No! Go on, buy just one more. You can give them up
Welcome to the list and I guess we will be hearing a lot more from you
as your interest in irises grows, and GROWS.
Graeme Grosvenors little book is an excellent start, and his big book
"Iris: Flower of the Rainbow" is well worth having and a much more
recent publication(for christmas?)
You will be interested to know that he originally grew roses too, and
started into irises as a companion plant for the roses. I wonder what he
did with all his roses?
Remember to add six months to anything in this book, to take into
account the difference. Also reverse North and South. Our irises like a
north facing aspect, because that's where the sunshine comes from.
Happy irising,
Jan Clark, in Australia