Re: Bill Kuykendall OT BIO & blue SIB opinion

From: Pooreplace@aol.com

Welcome Bill!

Glad to hear you're able to grow so many wonderful irises up in West Virginia
in a wide  variety of classes as I am.  You asked:

<< Which one is the "bluest" blue SIB?

Of the ones I grow, the bluest I've seen were HARBOR MIST and WALL STREET
BLUES.  WALL STREET BLUES single bloom this year may have not been as true or
normal as possible because that portion of the new bed missed out on some
water at a crucial point in bud development.

Can't help you on the iris borer problem, one of the FEW we don't have
thankfully.  As for nematodes they haven't visited my place either & before
planting I always shave all roots to make sure they don't!

Happy irising & again we're glad to have you amongst us!

Kathy Poore,  Oklahoma City, OK    Region 22, USDA Zone 7
AIS, MIS, TBIS, SLI, SSIS, OIS, NAIS, NCIS, TAIS, etc.