Re: Sutton's in OK 9-25 & OZ next month

From: Pooreplace@aol.com

Greetings to you in OZ!  Now I think I understand where/what OZ is!  And as
much as I watch my favorite Animal Planet channel-you'd think I've of known

<Dianne writes of Sunraysia, Victoria, New South Wales & Suttons visit...

Wow am I envious!  Not only of your iris bloom right now as we are stuck here
staring at such sizzling summer remnants that even the dandelions have curled
up & died & that's a first!  I may have a pink zinnia left in bloom but it's
been bleached white.  My pink dogwood tree hasn't had leaves in 6 weeks...  My
red spider lilies, Lycoris squamigera are opening, shriveling, & closing in a
span of 4 hours.  The morning glories are trying to hang on although they've
usually given up & closed by the time I leave for work at 7:15 am.  A few moon
bushes are 6 foot tall & thriving.  Daylily & iris rebloom here this year are
completely out of the realm of my vocabulary.  I did see Monty Byers DARK
CRYSTAL in bloom today at our Sooner State late iris $ale...

I guess I didn't realize Mr. Sutton did space agers either...  SA's are about
my favorites as I seem to love everything more when they come with bells &
whistles!  Now that I think of it they did say he'd be speaking on Rebloomers
& Space-agers...

But what made my eyes light up like fireworks had gone off was when I read on
to your mention of Victoria & NSW!  That's Barry Blythe land!  We were
thrilled to have him here a few springs ago for the SSIS Pollendaubers seminar
(which we even moved from Feb to April so Barry could come).  We all try to
get as many of his things growing here as we can.  They do great!  I love all
his works but especially his MED's...  I want to hear more about OZ & soon!
Tell me more... but you've made my day already!

Kathy Poore in OKC, OK,  USA
bright-eyed & waiting to hear!