Planting time

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> Ain't too late where you and I are... and digging / dividing is possible
> if commercial ordering isn't... but don't know about the original
> poster's zone/area.
     You are correct.  Here, I probably could plant all winter if need be,
but I have been putting some potted Irises and Daylily proliferations out
since the heat is less intense and there have been frequent rains.  I think
the original poster was in Zone 5, an area in which I would think that it
would be very risky to plant now.
     Zone 5 and Zone 6 Climates are especially prone to heaving of the
plants as the soil freezes and thaws many times.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.	[More clouds than sun, 93 F]