TB: Anna Belle Babson

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

Linda and I were discussing Anna Belle this afternoon and are wondering
who Anna Belle Babson (the iris) is named after?  Does anyone out there
know who Anna Belle Babson is/was?

We are starting an AIS Classroom Project at one of our local schools and
we are using irises with names that children can relate (Jurasic Park)
to or names that are historic or names of well known people (Beverly
Sills).  The irises named for people and historic (events/places) we are
trying to build classroom lessons around.  Any help will be appreciated
with Anna Belle.

Also while I am thinking about it, anyone have any suggestions as to
good iris names that would fit into the categories I have listed above?

Glenn & Linda Simmons