Re: Iris Chatter - BIO

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Dennis Wrote:
>Twighlight zone!  Next you'll be saying you drive on the wrong side of
the road, too.  I even bet your water spins down your sink drains the
wrong way.  Heaven knows what crazy ways your irises must grow.
Yes to both the above. Regarding irises:- don't the falls always go up
and the standards down?
>PS:  Are any of your seedlings going to bloom this spring?  If so, do
you have a way to scan photos of them for us?
No and Yes. I have a scanner, but my seedlings are between 1" and 6"
tall, so I don't THINK they will bloom. (Can't feel any buds yet :-))
I'll also need a better camera before next spring.
I've just come in from the garden, where I've been very ruthless with a
cross I made between Eleanor's Pride and Creative stitchery. I had
planted them fairly thickly in the seedling bed and I have just yanked
out all the smaller seedlings. It felt like thinning carrots. There are
other crosses I'd rather see, and I must say the Lady's Friend crosses
are incredibly vigorous, despite my loudly voiced opinion of this plant.
I may have to resort to Roundup if they get out of hand!
I've also been drooling over an 8" clump of TALK (SDB) which has 20 (yes
20!) stalks in full, gorgeous, bloom.
Cheers, Jan Clark